One of my favorite dips is that spinach artichoke dip that so many people bring to parties. This recipe layers that into lasagna. Yes, it’s true.
You make it just like regular lasagna, but with rotisserie chicken instead of ground beef or sausage. The white sauce that covers the chicken is creamy and rich and it’s cheesy and yummy.
Hope you like as much as I do.
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 lb. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained (use paper towels to squeeze water out)
- 1 15-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups (2 pints) ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions and drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and flour and whisk. Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 2 to 4 minutes, whisking. Add Parmesan cheese and stir. Add shredded chicken, spinach, and artichokes and stir.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce on bottom of prepared pan. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping each, a layer of ricotta, a layer of the chicken mixture, and a layer of mozzarella. Repeat for three layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes. Uncover and broil until cheese is golden, 2 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6.