Voted Most Popular
Pinched almost 5,000 times on the Just A Pinch recipe site and shared thousands of times on Pinterest, this easy to make recipe has been voted most popular.
In 2010 I was in a Kraft contest along with thousands of other home cooks and was going to whip up a little peach-inspired video including all of our recipes. I hadn’t entered a peach recipe yet, so I quickly made what I called “Peachy Keen” with ingredients I had in my pantry. It turned out good, but I didn’t consider it anything to write home about.
Oddly enough, I’ve only made it once, but friends of mine and strangers have made it over and over again, so I guess it must be better than I thought it was. It also made an appearance in Huffington post, although under another name, using my photo and recipe (we won’t go there). What can I say-when you’re voted most popular you have to take the good with the bad! Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a shot.
- 1 pkg dry cake mix-white, yellow or french vanilla
- 1/3 c butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 29 oz can light peach slices, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly. Set aside 1 ½ c. crumbs for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut peach slices into 1” pieces; Spoon onto partially-baked crust.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy. Spread over top of peaches.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving; Serves 12. Store leftovers in refrigerator.