One Bowl Fudgy Brownies
I’ve made these brownies since I was about 21, and believe me, that’s a looooong time!
I’m a true fan of a brownie mix because I’ve always found that homemade brownie recipes that I’ve tried are never ever as good as a good box of brownies from a mix. Seriously. If you don’t happen to have a mix, then this is a substitute for those fudgy brownies you love so much.
They’re tried and true, and they use unsweetened baking chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and chopped nuts, if you’d prefer. Easy to make in one bowl (originally created by Kraft), and I’ve learned to trust Kraft for my baking needs. They’re pretty trustworthy.
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate (4 bars)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I used pecans or walnuts)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray on bottom only.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and nuts; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely.