LC Glazed Carrots
I love and adore this way to cook low carb carrots. Yes, carrots have a little sugar, so they are not carb-free, but one medium carrot has less than 4 net carbs. They are so good for you, and I love the taste. I love them roasted and also cooked this way-glazed in butter and lightly seasoned.
- 1 bag whole small carrots
- 1/4 cup butter (salted)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan with lid, melt butter on medium high heat. Add carrots and salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, stir, and turn heat down to medium low. Cover and cook until carrots are barely tender and lightly browned by butter, stirring occasionally. Keep warm until serving time.
- No sugar, so low carb, and the carrots glaze with the butter only. They are sooooo good! 1 large carrot is about 5 net carbs, so about 2 large serving spoonfuls would be 5-9 net carbs. Just a ballpark though!