LC Cheesy Squash Casserole
I’m constantly looking for new, tried and true low carb recipes. This is a recipe we loved, and I adapted to what we love. It’s pretty simple-make in one pan and then bake in the oven. I personally like it as a main dish.
Cheesy Low Carb Yellow Squash Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium yellow squash, ends trimmed and sliced 1/2-1 inch thick
- 1 small onion, cut in half and sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4-1/2 t. celery seed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, melt butter and add squash, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery seed and dry chicken bouillon granules. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and slightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix mayo and 1 cup of the cheese and add squash mixture; mix well. Spoon into prepared dish, top with remaining 1 c. cheese and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Serves 6
Paula Todora http://paulatodora.com/