LC Breakfast Cups
If you’re on the Low Carb Train like I am, you’ll really love these to make ahead and either refrigerate or freeze. Pop them in the microwave until warm, and they’ll fill you up for hours.
Use any kind of meat, cheese, veggies you have on hand. Mushrooms, ham, onion, red bell pepper, anything!
I put a LOT of spinach in mine, but some leave it out totally, it’s your call. I hope you enjoy these for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks as much as we do.
- cooking spray
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 slices onion, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a bowl, reserving bacon grease in the skillet.
- Combine spinach, mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, salt, and ground black pepper to taste in the skillet with bacon grease; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture to a bowl and place in the freezer to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a bowl; stir in 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add cooled vegetables and bacon to egg mixture and mix gently.
- Scoop 1/4 cup egg mixture into each muffin cup; top each with remaining Colby-Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg cups are set, about 20 minutes.