Ham & Cheese LC Breakfast Muffins
If you beat the eggs well, the muffins will be light and airy. Full of cheeses and ham and spinach (if you’d like), they are the perfect start to a perfect day.
Make them ahead and heat them 2 minutes in the microwave in the mornings for a great, warm, low carb breakfast-these are our favorites.
- 10 eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 c shredded swiss cheese
- 8 slices ham deli meat, diced
- 1 c fresh spinach, stems removed and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of a 12 serving regular muffin tin.
- In a large bowl add eggs and heavy cream. Beat with a whisk very vigorously until frothy. Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, ham, spinach, swiss cheese and beat again until thoroughly mixed.
- Sprinkle the tops with feta cheese, then cheddar cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until set but not overcooked. Test by pressing in the middle with finger. They should not be soft in the middle but not too brown on the top and sides. Makes 12 muffins.