Eggnog Banana Quick Bread
binäre optionen signale deutsch Welcome to 2018! A cold front came through Texas, and we stayed inside most of the New Year’s day. I spent it cooking and baking (is that the same thing? I don’t think so).
source link We had some eggnog leftover from the holidays, so I decided to make a quick bread. It was my husband’s idea to add banana to the mix, and I wasn’t lucky enough to have any ripe bananas, so I peeled 3 of them, sliced them lengthwise and popped them into the oven on a cookie sheet for about 5 minutes to soften/ripen them. It worked like a charm.
go here A little of this, some of that, and before we knew it the house smelled wonderful with nutmeg, cinnamon and the sweetness that only baking can bring to make a house a home.
opcje binarne dziennik tradera I imagine you could use any oil, but I used peanut oil. You could also add nuts (I used them all for Christmas baking), chocolate chips or top it with a streusel mixture. I simply sprinkled some pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and brown sugar on the top before baking.
follow url At any rate, Happy New Year!
rencontre avec n tel May this year bless you with health, happiness and good food!
- ½ cup peanut oil (canola, vegetable would work too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat eggnog (we only buy Borden)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar (plus a little extra for top)
- 2 teaspoon pure maple syrup (substitute 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract if you'd like)
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus a little extra for top)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (plus a little extra for top)
- Preheat oven to350. Spray a regular loaf pan on bottom and sides with nonstick cooking spray generously.
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, beat oil, eggs and eggnog 2 minutes. Add sugar and brown sugar along with maple syrup and mix an additional 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Add gradually to mixing bowl on low speed only until barely combined. Be careful not to overbeat. Stir by hand during the end if necessary to avoid overbeating.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with a little cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, then brown sugar and then bake 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- I slice with an electric knife, but you could always use a serrated bead knife.
- Makes about 8-10 slices.
- You could add nuts if you'd like.