CHUNKY MONKEY MORNING OATS
This recipe earned the Respectful recipe category from it’s use of oats, chia seeds and bananas-just look at the health benefits of these 3 power house foods ~
I was searching online for a healthy, yummy oatmeal recipe. I also wanted it to be simple and last until lunch. I love oatmeal, and this has become one of my favorite ways to fix it since I’m a true choco-holic. The blog name is She Well, and I want to thank Rebecca for sharing her fabulous recipe with us.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener
- 2 teaspoons chocolate chips
- Place the water, oats, banana, chia seeds and peanut butter in a small pot and bring to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, bring to low heat and stir.
- Add in the teaspoon of sweetener and continue to stir, until the oatmeal has a creamy consistency.
- Remove the oatmeal from the heat and transfer into a small bowl. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- I always use honey instead of sweetener because I love the taste of honey.
- 361 Calories, 14g fat, 57g carbs, 8g fiber, 27g sugar, 9g protein.