I found the original recipe HERE, but I changed it up a bit. I used unsweetened almond milk with vanilla flavor, decreased the chia seeds, left out the almond butter, decreased the oats, left out the extracts, added stevia, and added ice cubes. I also made it 1 serving instead of 2.
The photo and recipe, courtesy of fivehearthome.com has saved the day because who doesn’t love chocolate? We crave it, we love it, and cocoa powder may actually lower LDL cholesterol, reduce the risk of blood clots, increase blood flow to the arteries, lower high blood pressure, boost cognitive performance and provide essential minerals such as calcium and potassium. Who knew?!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1/4 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (I use dark chocolate)
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons instant oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 5-10 ice cubes
- 1 packet stevia
- Blend all together until smooth. 1 Serving