Chicken Cheesy Enchiladas with Green Sauce
Yes, it’s low carb, but no, you don’t have to be a low-carb eater to enjoy these. They’re easy, fast and deee-licious! Serve them with sour cream and a slice or two of fresh ripe avocado. You could use shredded rotisserie chicken to make it even easier. I calculated appx. 12 net carbs per enchilada. So much better than the usual enchilada made with regular tortillas. These enchiladas are so large that you really won’t eat more than 1, and if you eat more than that you probably aren’t on a low carb diet anyway.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin on, seasoned and roasted in the oven, cooled and shredded
- 1 large can green enchilada sauce
- 6 La Tortilla brand low carb whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream for garnish
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet on medium low heat, add enchilada sauce and warm.
- Dip a tortilla into sauce and shake off and place in prepared baking dish. Add a heaping amount of shredded cooked chicken and sprinkle with about 1 Tablespoon or so of shredded cheese.
- Roll and place seamside down in pan. Continue with the other 5 tortillas, using all of the chicken but reserving some cheese for top.
- Pour the remaining sauce over top of enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. That's it!
- Bake for appx. 30 minutes until bubbly and hot.
- Serve with a big heaping spoonful of sour cream and sliced avocado, if desired.
- Makes 6 very large enchiladas. I eat one; my husband eats 2; some may eat 3. May serve 2, 3, 4 or 6!
- To make this very easy, you can substitute shredded rotissiere chicken.
- O.M.G. These are good!