Broccoli gets a Bad Rap
People hate broccoli as much as they hates peas. I would rather eat a plate of peas instead of crunchy broccoli. If you cook the daylights out of it, I might eat a forkful or two, but it’s not my #1 veggie on my list.
When I saw this easy-to-fix recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it because it actually looked, well, GOOD!
They added parmesan cheese and garlic, along with olive oil and baked it. Now, that’s a broccoli dish I can actually enjoy! HERE is the original photo and recipe, which I’m posting here. Thank you, “Homeade Hooplah,” for catching my eye with this healthy and yummy side dish.
- 24 ounces broccoli florets, fresh
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Drizzle a little olive oil on a baking sheet, then use a paper towel to rub
- the pan down.
- 2. In a large bowl, add broccoli, olive oil, garlic, and salt to taste. Toss broccoli with a spoon until it's
- completely coated.
- 3. Pour broccoli on the prepared baking sheet, spreading out into an even layer. Scoop out any garlic & oil
- left in the bowl and sprinkle it over the broccoli.
- 4. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until broccoli is cooked through.
- 5. Sprinkle cooked broccoli with parmesan cheese before serving.
- The perfect side dish to any meal! Broccoli baked with olive oil and garlic then sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
- Only 122 calories per serving!