I make these on Sunday evening and place them in a large ziplock in the fridge for the following week. In the mornings, we heat them up for just a minute to make the best, easiest low carb breakfast around. Pair about 3 of them up with a boiled egg, and you’re full until lunchtime rolls around.
The best thing about these is that it only takes 4 ingredients to make them! Sometimes I throw in a dash of onion powder or cajun seasoning. If you’re out of coconut flour, just mix up the sausage, cheese and egg, roll them into balls, and they’re still wonderful! Here’s a tip-if you let the sausage set out for about 30 minutes, it makes mixing the ingredients so much easier. These are kind of like the ones you used to make with Bisquick, but more cheesier and yummy. I put my own twist on them by adding Coconut Flour, which is low on carbs. Trial & error and these are my favorites. Mix by hand, roll into exactly 24 balls and bake 20-25 minutes. I store them in a container in the fridge and buy bulk sausage and cheese in bulk when on sale so we always have the 4 ingredients on hand. I started buying the 1.99 Aldi breakfast sausage, and it sure saves money. Carb Count (for entire recipe-24 balls)
1 egg = 0 carbs 21 net carbs for entire recipe, making each sausage ball about 1 net carb!
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 8 ounces medium cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using hands, mix ingredients well and shape into 24 equal size balls, the size of a walnut. Place on baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, until done inside and light golden.
- These are great made ahead and kept in a container or ziplock in the fridge. Heat 4 for 35-60 seconds on high in the microwave on a paper towel before eating for breakfast or a snack.
- Carb Count for entire recipe-21 net carbs, making each sausage ball about 1 carb each. Eat up!