Blueberry & Pineapple Dump Cake
Talk about easy! This cake is a favorite of mine since the 70s, yes the 1970s!
You can use any combination of canned, frozen or fresh fruit, any flavor of dry cake mix and top any way you’d like. A dump cake is just that-you “dump” the entire package of dry cake mix over the fruit, then add 1 stick of sliced butter to the top.
I’ve added some additional frozen blueberries to the top as well as a sprinkling of light brown sugar.
- 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 large can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 box of yellow or white cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread the can of blueberry pie filling at the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Spread crushed pineapple over pie filling. Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the fruit.
- Thinly slice butter and place evenly over top of cake mix. Sprinkle frozen or fresh blueberries on top, followed by brown sugar.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Serves 8-10
- Use any flavor of fruit or pie filling.
- Use any flavor of cake mix.
- Add chop nuts or sliced almonds to the top, if desired.
- Add coconut, if desired.