Beyonce’s Green Beans
Beyonce has constantly said in interviews her favorite foods are soul food, fast food, Popeyes, and pasta. She pretty much likes anything that’s fatting and has carbs. What a lot of people don’t know about is her mom, Tina Knowles, makes one of Beyonce’s favorite dishes off all time. Tina Knowles has a signature Green Bean Stir Fry that Beyonce absolutely loves.
Tina is a businesswoman and fashion designer, formerly manager of Destiny’s Child, and it’s easy to see where Beyonce gets her looks.
Beyonce swears these green beans taste like steak, but I find that hard to believe. I guess when you haven’t eaten any carbs in a while, this could be true.
With 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in the recipe, you might want to have a glass of water on hand. I think I’ll substitute some Cajun seasoning and go easy on it since I’m a baby when it comes to heat.
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed and sliced in half (8 cups)
- ¾ pound baby potatoes, lightly steamed and halved
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup water
- In a very large skillet or wok, fry bacon until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until browned, an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, potatoes, seasonings and water and cook, stirring constantly, until beans are just cooked through and tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.