Bella Sun Luci Cornbread
rencontre avec des filles gabonaises Bella Sun Luci makes makes sun dried tomatoes, and this is the cornbread creation I came up with for their contest.see
binäre optionen schweiz I didn’t win the grand prize, but I did win a huge care package of their products, plus they took this marvelous professional photo of the finished recipe they made in their test kitchen.go site
binaire opties per minuut It’s not all about winning or losing. Sometimes you just come up with a great recipe you can enjoy forever.http://fbmedical.fr/aftepaes/5037
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 c chopped mild yellow onion
- 1 anaheim chile, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 c drained and chopped plus 8 julienned strips, drained well-bella sun luci sun dried julienne-cut tomatoes with herbs and extra virgin olive oil, reserving oil for batter
- 2 fresh corn on the cobs, corn removed (substitute ¾ cup frozen if not available)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 c yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare Skillet- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil into a 9-inch or 10-inch round cast iron skillet, swirling oil around to coat bottom and sides, brushing with a pastry brush if necessary. Set aside.
- Cook Vegetables- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the other Tablespoon of olive oil and heat for 1 minute. Add the onion, Anaheim chile, garlic, ¼ cup drained and diced sun dried tomatoes with herbs and corn kernels. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add the salt, pepper and cumin seeds and continue to cook, stirring, an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Make Batter- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and ¼ cup reserved sundried tomato oil. Add the cooked vegetables and stir to combine. In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, salt and sugar. Gradually add egg/vegetable mixture to dry mixture. Add cheese and gently stir mixture just until combined.
- Bake- Place prepared skillet into preheated oven for 5 minutes to heat oil. Pour cornbread mixture into heated skillet. Place remaining 8 sundried tomato Julienne strips on top in a spoke-like fashion. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean and top is golden. Cut into 8 slices and serve hot.