This recipe was my first blue ribbon
Bakery Cookies that are found in the best bakery in town. Not an original recipe but a knockoff of a bakery recipe, scaled down to a reasonable recipe size. Makes 24 cookies.
Levain Bakery EST. 1994
NEW YORK CITY
It all began with a simple mission between two great friends: create the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie. This is a replica of their chocolate chip cookie, and it’s one of my favorites.
- 1 c cold butter, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 c light brown sugar
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, cut in cold butter with a fork or your fingertips until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add sugars. Stir with spoon. Add eggs and mix with wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips; stir.
- Spoon by heaping tablespoonfuls onto silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet. Fit only 6 to a sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned but still soft in the middle. Makes 24.