Simplify plus some simple cookies
Take a step back, don’t think too hard and…re-eval·u·ate
rēiˈvalyo͞oˌāt, verb (to consider or examine something again in order to make changes or to form a new opinion about it)
Upon recent reevaluation, here is how my priorities have shifted.
#1 Happy is the new norm.
Surround yourself with people who make you happy. A pretty simple concept. Reevaluate friendships, family and their effect on you and your happiness. Seems selfish, but it’s not. Instead, it’s taking care of yourself and making you a priority for a change. This makes for a longer, healthier mental and physical well being. Trust me on this one.
#2 Live in the Moment.
My natural tendency is to spend all my time planning and not enough time living. After our year long stint in the land of no sun, AKA the Pacific Northwest, I find myself stopping and standing in the sunlight, looking up and just soaking in the rays. I may look kind of weird, but I don’t care, it’s worth it. Nothing like losing something to appreciate it later when you get it back.
#3 Give away your Control.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups corn flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter. Cook over medium high heat until center starts to boil, make sure to stir constantly so the sugar doesn't burn.
- As soon as the sugar mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and corn flakes, mix until corn flakes are evenly coated in sugar mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop cookies onto wax paper as quickly as possible before mixture starts to cool and harden.
- Let cool on wax paper for 20 to 30 minutes before enjoying. Makes 18 cookies